If you think you’re the perfect fit for one of our open positions, send your cover letter and resume directly to Rose Courtney, Executive Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls.
Classification: FT – Hourly-Nonexempt
Supervisor: Executive Director
Compensation: $48,000 – $55,000 annually, based on years of experience
Benefits: Eleven (11) Paid holidays, Ten (10) days paid vacation, Ten (10) days paid sick, health insurance, dental, Simple IRA-retirement plan, and professional development training
The Business Manager/Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director. The Business Manager/Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is managing day-to-day functions for the organization, serving as the liaison and first point of contact for all incoming inquiries and the general public, and supporting the organization’s human resources. Will provide administrative support for the Executive Director and the Director of Development upon approval. Will provide administrative support for the Program Manager and Mentor Coordinator with pre- and post-program activities and events with approval. The Business Manager/Executive Assistant serves as the organization’s communication and information liaison, manages business activities, and aids in organization operations and special projects. The Business Manager/Executive Assistant will manage Petty Cash disbursements and reconcile accounts monthly. The Business Manager/Executive Assistant will also support payroll processing and bookkeeping functions.
Develop for approval by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors an annual fundraising plan to significantly increase the productivity of the Development office and mobilize the technical, human resources and guidance required to effectively implement that plan in alignment with Boys to Men’s long-term goals, mission, vision, core values, and development plan.
- Supports and works with the Executive Director on the daily operations of the office
- Supports the Development Manager, Program Manager, and Mentor Coordinator as needed upon approval
- Collaborates and works with Program Assistant Manager and Program Manager with program activities, field trips, and event coordination.
- Responsible for administrative tasks; i.e…greeting the public; directing visitors to staff for appointments; forwarding calls, and directing questions to the appropriate staff person or program.
- Responsible for answering inquiry questions about BTM and special events
- Responsible for leaving office space clean & organized and ordering office supplies
- Responsible for maintaining and managing human resource records and on-boarding of new hires
- Responsible for Petty Cash disbursement, payroll processing, and supporting A/R and A/P functions
- Maintain and update participant and business partner files in the database
- Support Development Coordinator in donor acknowledgments and thank you letters
- Collaborate and work with Program Assistant Manager with communicating and posting updates to all
- BTM calendars on all BTM calendar resource tools (i.e…. google calendars and master files)
- Support and assist in event participant recruitment, volunteer coordination, and training volunteers
- Other Service support as assigned (i.e….event planning, quality checking, event prep, etc.) upon approval
- Maintain confidentiality of all BTM-related information
- Compliance with School, School District, and other applicable regulations
- Considerable communication is necessary and an important part of the position. Timely and quality response of communication is essential.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three – five years (3 – 5 years) of administrative assistance experience is required.
- Two – four years (2- 4 years) bookkeeping, A/R, A/P, and Online QuickBooks experience preferred
- GED or High School Diploma required; BA/BS in Business Administration or related field is preferred
- Experience with CRM/database management preferred
- Experience with computers required (experience with MS Office programs, Google Drive and Forms, calendaring, e-mail software, and internet research)
- Maintain reliable transportation and necessary insurance; position is not remote/virtual.
- MUST pass LIVE Scan fingerprinting, criminal background check, and TB test if required by partnering school
- Honesty, Integrity, Commitment, and Enthusiasm in all work-related endeavors.
- Leadership: Must exhibit lead-by-example abilities, good communication and social skills, strong analytical skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Professionalism: Must be trustworthy and model positive professional behaviors internally with all audiences; maintain confidentiality; avoid discussing in-house matters with others outside the organization.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to:
- Walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach with hands and arms continually
- Employee must be able to lift and or regularly move a minimum of 20 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to operate a telephone, a desktop, or a laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information on the computer
- Must be able to understand written information in English
- Must be able to drive